Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Holland - Land of windmills & wooden shoes

I signed up for a newsletter from www.holland.com and am lusting after a vacation there...Lucky Beeper just went through the Amsterdam Airport on her way to the Sweden wedding....what can I say - Tulips, windmills, wooden shoes, Van Gogh...

We looked at a vase in a thirft store a few weeks ago. It was a Gouda vace, black, and with some flowers on it....

Here's a web site - though it has those animated things at the bottom that cause me vertigo: Gouda Designs
Here are some photos that to me just say Holland. Course there is the quaint phrase that Uncle Henry uses to describe my mom - "Wooden Shoe Dutch":


wooden shoes



Tulips and WIndmills



Van Gogh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - I am lusting with you. It's one of my top 5 places to visit. Let's plan a trip!

Anonymous said...

i went to amsterdam airport first and said it was amazing and that i would like to live there....