Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Almost Homicidal in lindaland

Almost homicidal after a night of interrupted sleep: the pee-machine was quite active. Finally around 130 a.m., I got up and took a sleeping pill and dozed off; the pee-machine kept at it but I was in the arms of morpheus. It's a wonder what pharmecuticals can do.

Well, today I am busy sending out resumes via the OnWisconsin.com job web site. First I fixed my resume up, and now I'm sending....perhaps I should become a hospital chaplin - wonder how much training is involved?

Love these companies that post jobs on job search websites and the only way to apply is through the company website - but one can't find where on the web site....duh!

It's cold and sunny out today - so the snow is brillant white - hurts my eyes...btw - I rarely wear my contacts since I was "impacted" ...which is kind of neat...I guess I don't have any vanity left...

I found a neat web site for lovers of Rex Stout's Nero Wolf and Archie Goodwin mysteries....I am going to join...too bad the meetings are in NYC (but of course that makes sense, as that is where Nero and Archie are based)...wished I'd seen this website before my latest trip to NYC - I would have gone to his brownstone. Check the site out: http://www.nerowolfe.org. The next meeting is March 21, 2005 - as always in NYC - maybe one of my NYC (TUG, BEEP, CL, etc) will go in my stead....or maybe I'll come to NYC for another visit.

The Wolfe Pack meets at: O'Casey's 22 East 41st St., 7 pm to 9 pm

I am listening to the books on tape - they are great...I really enjoy them...did you know that Nero Wolfe sends a monthly check to his mother's apartment in Budapest Hungary?

Other activities when I am not sending include:

2 comments:

lindaland said...

Great Blog! Tell us more

Anonymous said...

Hang in there in lindaland. Love the dogs. Love the pee machine. easy on the sleeping pills. Go bella Go!